Terms of Service
Unusual Hire’s Terms of Service
Last update: June 2020
Welcome to unusualhire.com.
The following terms of service (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the Unusual Hire website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.unusualhire.com (the “Site”) by Unusual Hire International Ltd. and, with respect to payment processing services, by its subsidiaries: Unusual Hire Inc. (38 Greene St. NY 10013, NY, USA) for payments made from the U.S. or Unusual Hire Limited (Lemesou 11, 2112 Nicosia, Cyprus) for payments made from anywhere else. Unusual Hire International Ltd. and its subsidiaries are collectively referred hereto as “Unusual Hire” “we” or “us”.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Unusual Hire services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here.
The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English. Unusual Hire makes available this translation for convenience only. In case of conflicts between the original English version and any translation, the English version shall prevail.
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Unusual Hire. Registration is free.
- Gigs on Unusual Hire may be offered at a base starting price of $5. Some Gigs are offered at a base price of more than $5 as determined by the Seller.
- Buyers pay Unusual Hire in advance to create an order (see Purchasing Section below regarding payment terms).
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on a Seller’s Gig page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section here.
- Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Sellers’ reputation and status.
- Sellers gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Gig Extras, or selling their Gig in multiples.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Unusualhire.com.
- When purchasing a Gig, Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.
- Unusual Hire retains the right to use all published delivered works for Unusual Hire marketing and promotion purposes.
- Users undertake to comply with Unusual Hire’s Community Standards, which are a set of behavior rules and guidelines, applicable to the Unusual Hire community and marketplace in addition to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
- Unusual Hire offers its users the Logo Maker, which allows certain Sellers to offer various original logo designs for Buyers to adjust and customize per their own specific needs, using special automated design tools. Through the Logo Maker, Buyers purchase full commercial use rights to the Logo Design embedded with their brand name.
Limitation on liability
IN NO EVENT WILL Unusual Hire, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORIZED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF SELLER, Unusual Hire AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SELLER.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with Unusual Hire, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.